Learn why you should replace your sugar with gur!
HOW GUR (JAGGERY) IS MADERaw sugarcane juice is necessary to make gur (jaggery), an unrefined sugar. The juice is simmered in pans until the water is evaporated and the compound then undergoes a clarification process where natural vegetable clarificants are added so that the juice separates. The boiling juice is then moved from one pan to another until the liquid becomes hard and eventually turns into a solid.
BENEFITS OF GUR (JAGGERY)
- Gur can be especially beneficial for people who (are):
- cannot eat or tolerate meat
- suffering from frequent muscle cramps, tension or soreness
- pregnant or experiencing PMS symptoms
- have eaten too much salt can balance out their diets with gur (jaggery).
- Magnesium relaxes the muscles and improves overall blood circulation.
- The high potassium content of gur (jaggery) may also help reduce bloating and water retention.
- The antioxidants in gur (jaggery) help to support a healthy immune system and healthy aging.
- Gur (jaggery) also contains a significant amount of zinc, manganese, selenium, calcium and phosphorus.
- It can help to complement a healthy diet and lifestyle, and is often used as a substitute for sugar in most dishes and beverages.
HEALTH AND HEALING BENEFITS OF GUR (JAGGERY)
- Treats colds- liquid gur (jaggery) mix 1tbsp gur (jaggery) block in 1 cup of lukewarm water + green betel leaves. Take twice a day.
- Stops hiccups- liquid gur (jaggery ) + dry ginger powder. Take 1tsp with warm water.
- Reduces high blood pressure
- Manages menstrual disorder- Take 1 tsp gur (jaggery) every day.
- Manages anemia- 1 tsp gur (jaggery) eaten daily.
- Reduces flatulence – 10 g gur (jaggery) to be eaten after food every day.
- Alleviates a cough– Gur (jaggery) + black pepper. Take 1tsp with warm water.
- Reduces tension headaches or migraines– Mix 10 g gur (jaggery) + 6 g sesame seeds + 2-3 drops milk. Apply paste on forehead.
- Treats injuries - If a glass piece pierces skin, smear hot melted gur (jaggery). When cold, it will suck out the glass.