1. Step one (S1) for that patli kamar or flat Abs -Make friends with hunger. Hunger is a sign of health, loss of it, a sign of disease.
Summer - Coconut Water
Beat the heat - start your day with 1tsp of gulkand:)
Woke up hungry? U got the S1 right. Woke up dull and can't bring urself to eat anything? Work at stoking the fire in ur stomach.
2. dietary fat helps to burn body fat. Lack of good fats in the diet leads to stubborn fat areas in the body.
3. Include carbs for dinner. The fibre ensures a clean bowel movement the next morning, the B vitamins in it give you that sense of calm..
4. Rest & Rejuvenate - are the two most over looked aspects of keeping fit and healthy. Restful sleep ensures hormonal harmony which ups the resting metabolic rate (fat burning ability). Also try taking a break every 3 months.
5. make exercise an integral part of your life irrespective of your size. If you are sure that you have a human body - go workout! if you have a human body - exercise! Movement is the most integral part of human exercise. Go move! Workout!
6. If you are napping for more than 20 mins post lunch OR feel drowsy for over 1 hour post lunch - problem! PROBLEM!!So some of the things that could lead to drowsy/sleepy feeling - eating too much too soon OR food with almost fibre OR lack of essential fat.All of which can make the insulin insensitive. Light and lively is what you should feel post a meal n not dull and drowsy.
Tip: Woke up tired and fatigued or felt restless at night? Up your calcium intake. Calcium citrate at bedtime works wonders:)
Tip2: No protein shake after workouts = no results!
Tip 3: Cardio before weight training is such a waste of body's fuels
Tip 4: Feel dull in the mornings? Kick the caffeine and start a multivitamin. Good morning:)
Tip 5: Sunday - the day to cheat on your diet. Sugar craving? 11am & 4pm - the magical timings where the stomach forgives..
Tip 6: A stomach which is not full to the brim is better than the one which is overflowing.. Aim for a 'zero leftover balance'
Tip 7: Weight training is the most overlooked exercise for heart health. For a strong myocardium (heart) pump some iron sweeties:)
Tip 8: Lemon grass' will make it possible for you to enjoy those 2 cups of chai without the slightest increase in acidity during summer :-)
Tip 9: Waking up bloated every morning? Eat your dinner atleast 2 hrs beofre you sleep and have a calcium citrate supplement (1000mg) at bedtime
Tip 10: Muscles break down in the gym and grow strong when you are resting or slepping.
Tip 11 : To cope up with summer - take a vit B + vit C supplement before you leave home
Tip 12: Dahi, sprouts, Idli, Buttermilk, Cheese, Paneer - to improve your B12 levels and moods;)
Tip 13: Peanuts anytime in the day and walnuts in the morning - boost your brain and mood with the regular dose of essential omega 3 fatty acids